Over the past few months we have been working with young people from our area to create a youth charter of 8 pledges to help make our communities a better place to live. Today as part of Children’s Mental Health Week we are officially launching the charter & allowing young people to sign up.
When you sign up to the youth charter you will receive your membership card, confirming your commitment to making L8 or L1 a better place for everyone. Once you have completed your volunteering or good deeds you will receive a limited edition golden L8 or L1 badge.
If you’re a young person who lives in or attends school or a youth club in L8/L1 you can sign-up to our youth charter by filling in the contact form at theflorrie.org/youth-charter/
8 Pledges to L8/L1
1. Be proud to live in L8/L1.
2. Volunteer some free time to help a local organisation/youth club/charity in L8/L1.
3. Not take part in anti-social behaviour.
4. Challenge any discrimination & bullying behaviour amongst my peers.
5. Value diversity & not be discriminatory towards anyone.
6. Respect & support my peers.
7. Be more eco friendly – recycle more & not litter the streets.
8. Pursue my dreams & ambitions.